08 June 2017

BOOK REVIEW: Genesis by W.A. Harbinson

My rating: 4.3 out of 5


This is one of those books which comes along from time to time that I can get totally engrossed in, not wanting to put it down for a second. I’d read some other reviews (most of which were positive) and it sounded fascinating, being an alternate history sort of story founded in both actual events and myth. Add to this the fact that I had a well-used paperback copy sitting idle on my bookshelf and here we are, reviewing another fun book.

The story follows a UFO investigator on his search for the truth about UFO sightings and abductions and there are interesting side stories and flashbacks from key characters. What we end up with is a fast-paced adventure across the globe and across time that builds quite an epic story of global conspiracy.

As I said, I had trouble putting this one down and I attribute this to the intriguing plot that one could almost imagine being factual. I did struggle a little with some of the dialogue at times which seemed a little odd and just there for the sake of it. However, these pieces were minimal and the book generally flows quite well.

This is one of the best alternate history stories that I’ve read, it’s a good yarn that keeps you hanging in there for the next slice of the story. It’s just the right length to be ‘epic’ but not too much as to bore or grow tired of. Overall a very good book that I’ll happily recommend to anyone who likes a meaty tale with lots of intrigue and mystery.

Concept: 5/5
Delivery: 4/5
Entertainment: 4/5
= 4.3 out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment